What to do in summer in Reims?
Typical visits, unusual activities and events in and around Reims, don't miss a thing!
Take guided tours of Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral
The Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral is a must-see in the city at any time of year. Its main asset is that it has been the coronation site for almost all the kings of France since the 11th century. This masterpiece of Gothic architecture takes you on a journey through French history while discovering an extraordinary building.
In the summer, it is as pleasant to explore it from the inside as from the outside. Indeed, Reims Cathedral protects you from the summer heat. As soon as night falls, a light show begins on its façade and you will be dazzled by its structural beauty.
Discover the vineyards under the sun of Champagne-Ardenne
The region of Reims, Champagne, is world famous for its production of French sparkling wines of the same name. Take advantage of your summer trip to discover the region's vineyards, cellars and champagne houses. Discover the hillsides listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Through guided tours and free excursions, see the champagne making process in detail, from the vineyard to the bottling. Tastings are also available at the champagne houses, but in moderation.
Take part in special events at the city's museums
Reims is full of interesting museums. During the summer months, the days can be hot and you are looking for coolness. Take advantage of this by visiting the city's museums.
- The Museum of Surrender follows in the footsteps of Reims' history. This place of remembrance regularly offers temporary exhibitions.
- The Saint-Rémi museum where you can discover archaeological gems telling the history of Reims. This museum is located in the heart of the city's former abbey.
- The Fort de la Pompelle museum exhibits a large collection dating from the First World War, which gives a better understanding of the life of soldiers in Champagne.
Attend festivals in the area
The longer days and the heat of the summer mean that there are many outdoor festivals. In Reims, there are many:
- The Flâneries musicales de Reims ;
- Les Fêtes Johanniques ;
- The Magnificent Society...